A fifteen-day tour of pilgrimage. Following the route of a native Anatolian, St.Paul of Tarsus, we try to find out the cultural background which nourished the rise of the Cross as well as the others.
TARSUS – Birthplace [Acts 21:39]
GALATIA, EPHESUS, COLOSSAE – Letters to churches, preaching in Ephesus [Acts 19]
ANTIOCH – Starting place for the 3 missionary journeys [Acts 13, Acts 15, Acts 18]
ANTIOCH IN PISIDIA – Preaching in the synagogue [Acts 13:13-16]
Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, meet your local lecturer-guide and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Istanbul
Morning start sightseeing of major highlights in Istanbul which was the capital city of three Empires. Tour includes visits to the Roman Hippodrome, Blue Mosque famous for interior Blue colored Iznik tiles, St Sofia Church- Museum which was once the biggest Roman Cathedral of the world, the Underground Cistern. Lunch will be served in the historical restaurant at the Topkapi Palace overlooking the Bosphorus and the Sea of Marmara. After lunch continue, visiting the major sections of Topkapi Palace which was the royal seat of Ottoman Sultans for more than 400 years. Late afternoon enjoy, exploring the streets and alleys of the Grand Bazaar. Overnight in Istanbul
Morning departure for Troy. A scenic coach drive will go along the northern shores of the Sea of Marmara and then crossing Dardanelles by a ferry. Afternoon visit the ruins of Homeric Troy where St.Paul made a visit during his second campaign to Asia Minor and Macedonia. Dinner and overnight in the hotel
Departure for Ephesus at Selcuk. En-route, visit the ruins of Hellenistic city Pergamum where one of the seven churches of Apocalypse was located. Then stroll through the colorful traditionally preserved streets of modern Bergama. Continue driving towards the southern Aegean region bypassing Izmir, so-called, the pearl of the Aegean Se, arrive at the town of Selcuk. Dinner & overnight in Selcuk.
Day to explore Ephesus, one of the most well-preserved Greco-Roman cities of the ancient world. Tour starts with a visit to Mother Mary's House which was announced as to be a pilgrimage place for Roman Catholics by Pope Paul VI. Then visit the spectacular remains and edifices of the city of Ephesus including the State Agora, Odeon, Curetes Street, Marble Road. Temples of Hadrian and Trajan. Then onto Celcius Library and finally the famous Amphitheatre where St.Paul preached to Ephesians. Lunch will be served at one of the local restaurants in Selcuk. Afternoon, continue visiting St.John's Basilica and the local museum where the major findings from Ephesus on display. Dinner at Sirince village located 7 Km. from Selcuk on a mountain and famous for house wines.
Drive to Pamukkale. En route visit the ruins of Aphrodisias, a Roman city dedicated to Aphrodite the goddess of Love and beauty. The city houses a rich-variety of Roman sculpture. After lunch in a local restaurant continue driving to Pamukkale. Before reaching Hierapolis, visit the ruins of Laodecia of which people were addressed by St Paul in one of his letters written from Patmos Island. Late afternoon, arrival at Pamukkale, 'The Cotton-Castle', world-famous geological formation with eye-taking white travertine caused by the calcareous hot spring waters. Enjoy your time walking in the thermal waters and white slopes before checking in the hotel. Dinner and accommodation in Pamukkale.
Morning sightseeing of Hierapolis, visits include Necropolis, the Amphitheatre, The Temple and Baths of Trajan. Then continue driving to Konya. En-route visit Yalvac, Antioch ad Psidia and after lunch by the Egridir Lake, continue driving to Konya, Upon arrival Konya, Icononium, visit the Tomb of Mevlana, the founder of Mevlevi Sect, the Whirling Dervishes, Karatay Medrese and Yivli Minaret the early Seljuk Empire edifices. Dinner and overnight in Konya.
After departure for Tarsus, visit the ruins of 1001 churches en route. Then drive along Konya Plateau and cross the Taurus Mountains arriving at Tarsus, the home town of St.Paul. Upon arrival enjoy your lunch in a typical Kebab-House. Afternoon, explore the ancient remains of Tarsus which was once a rich harbor city enjoying a rich cultural and political life. It was the place where Antonius Caesar and Kleopatra first met each other and fell in love. Sightseeing includes the St.Paul's Church, the ruins of his house and the well, ancient road, Kleopatra Gate, The Grand Mosque, The Kubad Pasha Medrese and the Bedesten (Bazaar). Dinner and accommodation in Tarsus.
Drive to Antakya via Adana and Issos where Alexander the Great defeated the Persians Afternoon arrive at Antakya, Antioch ad Orontes. Afternoon visit St.Peter's grotto and church, Mosaic Museum, Seleucia of Prieria and Titus Tunnel. Dinner at Daphne, accommodation in Antakya.
Morning departure for Kayseri and onto Cappadocia. Upon arrival Kayseri, Caesarea a busy trade colony since the Assyrian and Hittite periods. St.Paul made many missionary visits to this city. After lunch in a local restaurant enjoy short sightseeing in the town. Then continue driving to Cappadocia via Soganli Churches. Dinner and accommodation in Cappadocia
Full day sightseeing of Cappadocia including visits to Göreme Rock-hewn churches, Uchisar, Zelve Valley, Avanos, the pottery town, continue to visit a hand-made carpet workshop. Lunch in a local restaurant, dinner in the hotel.
Morning visit to Kaymakli and Derinkuyu underground cities where the early Christians once sheltered from non-Christian tribes. Afternoon free at leisure Dinner in the hotel.
Morning flight from Nevsehir to Istanbul. Upon arrival. Visit Chora Church and Sergius & Bachus Churches. Then check in hotel and overnight in Istanbul.
Morning enjoy Bosphorus Cruise and a short excursion to the Asian side. Afternoon free for last-minute shopping at the Grand Bazaar. Farewell dinner in a local restaurant.
Transfer to the airport for departure.
Hotel Arcadia Blue Istanbul is an ideal Istanbul lodging choice for your trip to Turkey. With numerous amenities for guests such as 24 hour front desk, gift shop, hot tub or spa, you will wake up at Hotel Arcadia Blue Istanbul feeling excited every day for your time in Istanbul. Don’t let this amazing reservation opportunity pass you by, book your stay at Hotel Arcadia Blue Istanbul today to make the most of your time in Istanbul, Turkey.
With a stay at Hotel Arcadia Blue Istanbul, you'll be centrally located in Istanbul, steps from Turkish and Islamic Art Museum and Serpentine Column. This 4-star hotel is close to Hippodrome and Blue Mosque.
Make yourself at home in one of the 54 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and coffee/tea makers.
IRIS Hotel is situated in close proximity to Gallipoli Peninsula, Historic National Park and Martyrdom, Troy, Assos, Bozcaada, Gokceada and Mount Ida. Thanks to this excellent location, you can organize daily trips and enjoy these natural and historical attractions.
IRIS Hotel is situated on the Anatolian Side of Çanakkale, where several major events of the world history took place, from the legends of Iliad and Odyssey to the legendary Battle of Gallipoli in World War I. It is in close proximity to the ancient settlements such as Troy, Alexandria Troas and Assos.
Famous, long established family hotel from 1980’s, built and landscaped in the style of an Ottoman inn using traditional materials.
Charming atmosphere in the heart of antiquities…
Cosy lounge with fire place for cold days…
Family collection of antique keys, photographs, textiles with real stories…
Memories of the past in every corner…
Large attractive garden and a swimming pool with a view of the castle…
A tranquil setting among blooming roses, jasmines and lemon and cherry trees after a busy day of excursions…
With 315 rooms, healthy thermal springs and grounds set among pine trees, Richmond Pamukkale Thermal invites you to rejuvenate both physically and emotionally. Located just 3 kilometers from Pamukkale, this thermal hotel has been providing all the comforts of home to guests traveling for business, health or pleasure for 25 years. This unique destination is just one hour from Denizli’s Çardak Airport.
Hilton Garden Inn Konya is an ideal Konya lodging choice for your trip to Turkey. With numerous amenities for guests such as fitness center, dry cleaning service, laundry, you will wake up at Hilton Garden Inn Konya feeling excited every day for your time in Konya. Don’t let this amazing reservation opportunity pass you by, book your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Konya today to make the most of your time in Konya, Turkey.
This hotel is a historic ottoman building that has been lovingly renovated and is furnished classically. We had no idea that it was such a beautiful property when we booked it.…Sep 2, 2018
Our trendy hotel is conveniently and literally located at the heart of all on Saray Caddesi in Antakya, an ancient metropolis going back some eight thousand years and thirteen civilizations, according to leading world historians.
At our hotel, you will find yourselves within walking distance to Antakya's most eminent historical attractions, commercial activity and other worthy points of interest.
Specifically, we are a few hundred meters, namely just under a mile away from the renowned Habib-i Neccar Mosque, the first in Asia Minor and still to this day the only active one named after a Christian deity, a testament to the multicultural and tolerant mentality of our proud city.
In addition, our hotel is just more than a kilometer, about a mile, to the famous church of St. Pierre, undoubtedly one of the most important religious points of interest in the whole Levant.
The Alfina Cave Hotel Cappadocia is a 41 room upscale hotel located in the heart of Cappadocia, Nevsehir district, catering to the sophisticated traveler. With its elegant decor and unique design, the Alfina Cave Hotel Cappadocia is the perfect combination.
The Alfina Cave Hotel is located about 300 m from the center of the town Urgup Cappadocia. The city Urgup hosts a historical turkish bath, a local museum, the ruins of the old town, bars, restaurants and the typical shopping streets.
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our Sites and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate, and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management, or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information to third parties. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security, and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advanced passenger data (for example Caricom API and US secure flight data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect, and disclose to others, the information you provide to us and our group companies and brands for business purposes and also third-party companies and our third-party service providers for the purposes set forth below in this Section 2. We will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of the Company for any other purpose unless (a) you expressly authorize us to do so, or; (b) it is necessary to allow our service providers or agents to provide services to you or; (c) it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements; (d) it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company or the merger of Company into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, bankruptcy or like transaction in which the Company is not the survivor; (e) it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, administration, service, customer care, quality and improvement related activity, business management and operation, risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programs, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection, or; (f) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies or third-parties as set above (“Our Use of Your Information”). We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalized and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with our third-party business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws, and social media.
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you a summary of your information retained by the Company. As allowed by law and consistent with our applicable business partner agreements, you may modify, correct, change, or request the Company to delete or update information that you have supplied to us through the Sites by contacting the Company via postal mail to OasisTravel Ltd. Miralay Şefik bey Sokak No:⅝ Antalya Palas Apt. Gümüşsuyu 34437 Istanbul or, to the extent available, you can amend your previous preference either: (i) directly on our website(s); (ii) by using our “unsubscribe email” available on every marketing email sent by the Company; (iii) by opting-out of personalized emails; or (iv) by referring to our literature containing instructions on how to opt-out of marketing communications. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Republic of Turkey Privacy Rights and Foreign Controls
Use of Tools "Cookies" and Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions carefully.
Children under 13
Our Sites are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not collect information from children under 13 other than as when necessary to comply with the law or for safety reasons. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our Sites. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes, or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use reasonable efforts to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach or other unintended, unauthorized or criminal activity.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure, and/or made available on request. In the event we materially change the way in which we use your information, we will provide you with at least 30 days’ notice and ask you to affirmatively accept the changes.
A ‘Client’ is all persons named on the booking form intending to travel with Oasis Travel Ltd.
A ‘Product’ is any service sold by Oasis Travel Ltd.
All Clients will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted all Booking Conditions. To confirm a booking Oasis Travel Ltd, requires that the client has fulfilled all payment requirements. A contract between the Client and Oasis Travel Ltd, comes into existence when Oasis Travel Ltd, has confirmed the booking in writing and issued a Confirmation. The person signing the booking form (that incorporates these terms and conditions) warrants that s/he has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and understand these terms and conditions. The said contract, including all matters rising from it, is subject to Turkish Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Turkish Courts. No employees or representatives of Oasis Travel Ltd has any right to alter, vary or waive any of these terms and conditions, not to undertake any liability whatsoever on behalf of Oasis Travel Ltd, unless such be in writing and signed by the Director of Oasis Travel Ltd,.Oasis Travel Ltd, reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion without further explanation.
1. Clients can cancel at any time. The cancellation will be effected at the time that Oasis Travel Ltd, receives a written request from the Client and unless differently mentioned in the product terms, the following cancellation charges will apply.
a. 50 or more days before departure: 30% of the total package
b. 49 through 30 days before departure: 40 % of the total package
c. 29 through 15 days before departure: 50% of the total package
d. 14 through 5 days before departure: 75% of the total package
e. 5 through 1 day before departure: 100% of the total package
f. Cruise Reservations not refundable if cancelled within 15 days of departure.
g. On special occasions (public holidays), these conditions may be modified. The Customer must be informed in writing about this fact by the Provider in advance.
2. If any number of the party is prevented from travelling because of death, injury or serious illness of the client, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person or departure date or tour of similar standard and cost provided that written notice is confirmed by Oasis Travel Ltd,
3. If a refund is payable by Oasis Travel Ltd, to the Client, the refund amount will be calculated according to the conditions set out in Section 2.1 and with consideration of evidence of exceptional circumstances. Oasis Travel Ltd, will not pay fees charged to the Client by the Client’s bank for processing the credited amount.
1. Prices in the Oasis Travel Ltd, website, and brochure are correct at the time of publication. Before a booking is confirmed, Oasis Travel Ltd, reserves the right to amend these prices due to any circumstances outside the control ofOasis Travel Ltd, such as but not limited to changes relating to governmental action, increases in transportation costs (including schedule airfares and the cost of fuel) changes in any dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes or embarkation / disembarkation fees at airports), increases in admission fees. Tour accommodations are based on twin/double share accommodation for single travellers – single supplement is required
2. All payments are accepted online by credit card in USD or Euro depending of the product’s published currency. Bank transfers are accepted as the full amount payable as published. Payment must be settled by the Client by bank transfer within 3 days after receipt of the invoice (if not stated otherwise).
3. Product information is published by Oasis Travel Ltd, in good faith and Oasis Travel Ltd, will use its best endeavours to operate all Products as advertised. Oasis Travel Ltd, reserves the right to change any of the facilities and services described in its publications and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment resulting from any change.
All Oasis Travel Ltd, trips begin and end at the appropriate local airport unless mentioned differently in the product description.
Adequate insurance is mandatory for all Clients to cover at least but not limited to medical and repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and cancellation or curtailment of a Product and should not exclude any planned adventure activities from the time of booking for the full duration of the Product as a minimum. A Client and his personal belongings are the sole responsibility of himself. Oasis Travel Ltd, accepts no liability on the Client’s behalf where Oasis Travel Ltd, has provided a Product of reasonable standard. Clients are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance.
Oasis Travel Ltd, Products and in particular, adventure activities, contain an element of risk to the personal safety of the Client that other package holidays may not contain. By accepting these Booking Conditions Clients are aware of the risks inherent in their chosen travel and Clients undertake such risks at their own volition. Oasis Travel Ltd, accepts no liability of Client’s damages where Oasis Travel Ltd, has fulfilled its Duty of Care to Clients by providing Products of a reasonable standard. Oasis Travel Ltd accepts no liability if there has been no fault on the part of Oasis Travel Ltd, or its’ suppliers, and the reason for the claimed damages were either the Client’s fault or a result of unusual circumstances beyond the control of Oasis Travel Ltd, by force majeure and the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care.
2. In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, Oasis Travel Ltd,’ liability in the said cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions.
3.Oasis Travel Ltd, accepts no liability if additional costs to the Client are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of the Product(s) beyond the control of Oasis Travel Ltd, by force majeure.
It is the responsibility of the Clients to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, vaccinations, preventative medicines and other medical certificates and all necessary travel documents. Oasis Travel Ltd is not liable for damages arising from changes in regulations or laws to the necessary travel document requirements. Information about these matters is given in good faith by Oasis Travel Ltd, but without liability.
All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in the brochure. Any Clients with pre-existing medical conditions or illness must declare the true nature of such conditions at the time of booking, and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Such a client is required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner to confirm they are fit to travel. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and relieve Oasis Travel Ltd, from any obligations and liability.
Any complaints must be reported immediately within 24 hours to the Tour Leader who will do everything possible to resolve the matter or directly in writing to email@example.com
Tour accommodations are based on twin/double share accommodation for single travelers – single supplement is required.